Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Romance in RL

I had lots of readers suggest that I talk about how to keep romance alive in marriage or my most romantic moment or generally romance in RL. MY Real Life! Huh.

The DH is sort of Mr. Anti-Romance. I don't mean he's not passionate or things like that. But the night he proposed we were at a party and went off by ourselves to look at the sun setting on a lake. No. He didn't propose. He took me home and then went out to do errands. Then, when I was asleep, he woke me up to pop the question. Yeah, yeah, whatever, honey, let me sleep.

Right now we're trying to work while the kids are home for the summer (and don't get me going on that because THAT is anti-romance as well.) So romantic moments are few and far between.

But, you know, I'm all right with understated romance. I like to feel sure things are real and not fantasy in my own life. So here's a romantic moment that might not seem like a lot to other folks. The DH usually scowls (he can brood really well) but when he sees me in a crowd, his face lights up. And I'll take that because it's real to me. I like real romance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home