Sunday, September 25, 2005

Embracing the Blog

OK. I think I've complained enough. I shall now see what my blog can do for me. Besides, apparently I really don't want to start work on my latest story. I don't understand why. I like the characters. I'm becoming fascinated by the werewolf world I'm creating. But, ya know, I'm resisting. So, to the blog.

1) Who am I? You can check my website, of course. That's www.trevaharte.com. I was reading other author blogs and websites this morning (I really am resisting writing today) and realized my website tells you what I want you to know but maybe not what you want to know. It's friendly, but not terribly intimate. Anyhow. I do a lot of things--the SDJ full-time, the daughter, mother and wife thing far too often, the Editor in Chief job at Loose Id a lot, and the writing...well, I talked about the writing. I compartmentalize my life because sometimes it's easier and because the people in my different lives don't particularly care what's going on in the other worlds.

2) What do I write? Mostly, whatever I feel like. That doesn't always mean good sales (though sometimes there is a wonderful joining of marketability and my interests) or necessarily good writing. OTOH, it makes me much happier when I write. Writing can be difficult enough without trying to force yourself into doing something you're not pleased to do. Of course part of being a professional writer is learning to write what you and others want to see.

Oh. The really short answer to what I write is cross-genre erotic romance, usually paranormal, and often not quite what is expected.

I think that's quite enough for now. The weres are starting to look pretty good at this point. Thanks, blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home