Saturday, July 23, 2005

Working this thing

I have long ago decided I'm a techno idiot. Well, at least a techno illiterate. I learn just as much as I need to do something and then stop. Like this blog. Links have totally defeated me. (Yes, I know someone will say but all you needed to do is X. Well, I suck at algebra, too. X is a mystery.)

But, more importantly, I'm not sure what I want to DO with this. I see the temptation to make this almost like a diary. Yuck a diary that has no lock and key. Or a marketing tool. Which would be good if I knew how to do the technical stuff...Or a mighty time waster. That sounds more like me.

Not that I have a lot of time to waste. So far this Sat. morning I've answered a ton of stuff for Loose Id, dealt with the cancellation of a birthday party and tried to explain it to my kid, and started to do a little writing on my own story. I'll probably work a bit on the SDJ and then do my least favorite thing of all these duties--work on the yard. I'm only doing that because we're hosting a party next weekend and the overgrown weed look isn't in this year.

All of this always makes me wonder if I'd be better at one thing if I just settled down to do one thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

You are not alone - my daughter had to set up my blog - and I was GOOD at algebra.

4:06 AM  
Blogger treva said...

It's a mystery. And my daughter seems to be good at algebra,too. Maybe I'll make her do this.

TH

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home